Monday, November 30, 2009

1950's Christmas Ornaments



Look at that. The first glance at "vintage christmas ornaments" on eBay and I find the same vintage glass rose ornaments Mom bought about 30 years ago. Not quite "mid-century" per se, but there is something exciting about seeing "your" item om eBay. Or am I just being silly? Ha ha.


So many ornament auctions, and great prices too! I checked this past October and they were selling really well. Now the price seems to have gone down, at the peak of the season. Just a few more wouldn't hurt, right?



The vintage mercury bell ornaments. So sweet. I have one of the modest plastic glitter bells myself:




And the beautiful Poland vintage Christmas ornaments, painted with lovely colors:




The stenciled vintage ornaments:




And the "lots" of vintage ornaments of all kids. :::drool:::




Hangers! Don't forget the vintage Christmas ornament hangers! Check out these wonderful mid-century graphic designs on these modest little boxes. These are currently selling for only a few dollars:




I will be checking out more ornaments and other vintage 1950's Christmas items, and will post up the very best right here!

9 comments:

  1. Christopher Radko has come out with new boxes of hangers and tinsel that look just like the old ones! And of course he has lots of retro-look ornaments, as well. I got rid of a BUNCH of Mom's old ornaments a couple years ago and of course now I want to kick myself. Oh well. I know we had some of those rose ornaments and hopefully one of my sisters hung on to theirs. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I didn't know that! Checking it out.

    I know Grandma's ornaments must have gotten broken or lost over the years. She gave Mom some pretty old one's and when I checked Mom's ornaments, there were virtually no old ornaments at all. So, there is always eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love, love, love 1950's Christmas ornaments! You have some pretty special ones there; thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Takes me back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all photos from eBay auctions. They are selling for very reasonable prices for those of you who want to add to your collections.

    I have so much vintage Christmas stuff it's so hard to pass some of these by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Christmas ornaments are great! My parents have a ton of old Christmas decorations in their attic that they hardly ever use anymore...maybe I should do a little free shopping...
    Thanks for jogging my memory! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya jennie

    Yes! Go check out their ornaments. Some older ornaments are not only beautiful but valuable. Wish I could have gone through my Grandma's ornaments. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 2 boxes (12 each) of stenciled christmas ornamets. How much mght they be worth? Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  9. O M G! I was googling for pics of vintage christmas ornaments, planning for a christmas banquet and I saw this rose vintage ornament you have on your page. I have some of these! And the bells with the same rose patern. I have some glass bells, clear with white, glittery designs on them, with a wire hanger. My mom got them from my sister, not sure where my sister got them, maybe a thrift store. And now I have the few pieces that have survived the moving and relocating process over the last maybe 8 years. Wow, it is exciting to see your pieces on the web! lol!

    ReplyDelete