Saturday, October 10, 2009

My 1950's Packard Bell TV



I have no clue what year this was made, but it's got to be mid to late 1950's, perfect for my house.

I picked this up at a Thrift years ago for $20. It worked the last time I switched it on.

Just pulled it out of a back closet where I had her stored for several years.

All she needs is a TV lamp on top, some Bakelite rabbit ears (and an analog to digital converter box) and it'll be like watching Saturday morning entertainment all over again!

11 comments:

  1. She's a beaut---pass the Wheaties, it's Howdy Doody time

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far from LCD screens...I just discover your blog, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we had one like that! I remember my father and grandfather watching a Mets game on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder if they make a retro-looking Analog box? If not, shove it in an old bread box, paint it pink and put those rabbit ears on top! I had one a few years ago. I pulled the guts out and turned it into a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha Chicken, I want to gut an old stereo console so I can fit my modern stereo in it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous, I see vintage TVs at estate sales all the time but don't have the room/didn't know how functional they would be (I need my cable).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly thats just so cool :) I wish I could find something like it around even if I didnt use it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that TV. I just wished I could have found it for £20

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Packard-Bell tv similar to yours that sits on short legs. It's in mint condition. Got it about five years ago from the estate of one of my childhood neighbors for $5.00. She lived to be 101 years old. Everyone who sees it loves it!

    ReplyDelete