1

Monday, September 21, 2009

Vintage Mid-Century Halloween Costumes

kids-halloween

I love Halloween. Of all the things I have collected over the years, other than “vintage” as a whole, I have more Halloween decorations than anything else. Modern, not vintage as alas they are too pricey for me.

Because unfortunately, collecting vintage Halloween things seems to be very popular with a lot of other people too. Little plastic candy holders and paper pumpkins are still selling for $300-$400. More than I care to invest in.

However, one thing I noticed that still sells at an affordable rate, are vintage Halloween costumes:
charlie-chan-costume

vintage-witch-costume

Yikes! Who knew this costume would become so scary?
vintage-baretta-costume

vintage-chinaman-costume

Most were boxed after about the 1930’s, but you can find all kinds on eBay:
halloween-costumes-thumb

The best time to buy these is after Halloween, but you can still pick up some deals.

Here’s hoping you find that perfect vintage costume!
kids-halloween2