Saturday, September 19, 2009

Keck + Keck Home From JetSetModern.com

keck16

I found this at Jet Set Modern, find them HERE and read the whole article.

Fantastic home!

This incredible home is near Chicago, built in 1955. It's owned by a couple with a great collection of 1950s interior decorative objects and furniture. The house is a "passive solar" design by famed architects George Fred Keck and William Keck (Keck + Keck), who are widely known for their "House of Tomorrow" and "Crystal House" designs shown at the 1933-34 Century of Progress fair in Chicago.


keck1

keck2

keck3

keck4

keck5

keck6

keck7

keck9

keck10

keck11

5 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous home!! I would love a house like that, only in my dreams right now I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house is so cool! I love the fireplace.

    Great blog, I'm following

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Alice, and thanks!

    I love your blog logo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you would prob like the cb2 catalog it's an annex of crate & barrel, lots of mid-century influence and some bargains especially if you check clearence ...

    ReplyDelete