1

Monday, September 14, 2009

Enjoy What You Have

I started out writing about my latest woes, but instead, I took a couple photos of a few of the mid-century goodies I’ve bought over the last year. This always cheers me up.

I love these two atomic styled lamps with the double tiered fiberglass lampshades, the atomic ashtrays on little tripod stands, and the amazing atomic atom sculpture I snagged cheap:
1atomic-lamps-ashtray-atom


And the two different styles of glasses with gold atomic designs, the atomic metal lamp with the star design cut of of the shade so little white stars shine through, and an original 1957 newspaper I found in a back closet with a headline reading: U.S., Russia Staging Unofficial Race to the Moon

And a story about Sputnik:
2atomic-lamp-glasses

So what if I have been upping my work schedule to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week from 12/7, and am being forced to make some major changes to my businesses? I’m sure all will be well, but it’s the reason my posts have been a bit sporadic.

But I did peek at the blogs of my newest members (as always I appreciate you joining my blog and I always try to join yours if you have that little “join” dealie on your blogs) and was thrilled to see crafters and Altered Artists joining.

Did I mention I am an artist myself?

I’ve done photorealistic pencil and colored pencil drawings for shows, but I’ve fallen in love with Altered Art as a reprieve from the tedious highly detailed pencil work I do.

I saw my first Altered Art book at an art show back in 1998 or 1999, and was intrigued from the start. There is something quite wonderful about taking the art of collage to a much higher level.

Do I have any of my art online? Hmmm let me think. My other computer took a dive several months ago, and I need to see what’s on this computer.

No, I checked and I have none at the moment, so that will have to wait for another day.

But looking at and reading your blogs when I get the chance really does cheer my day!