1

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Edward Wormley - Drexel – Do I Have A Set?

I was cruising eBay when I came across some photos of an Edward Wormley Drexel Dresser that looked almost exactly like my dresser and desk set.

Mine (desk):
1desk

2desk

Dresser:
1dresser

2dresser


The one I saw on the internet:
1drexel-wormley

2drexel-wormley

Yet here is a matching desk to the one on eBay, and the handle placement is not exactly the same:
3drexel-wormley

But I am 99% sure it has this kind of numbering stenciled on the back (not sure if it has the name):
4drexel-wormley

The furniture is very heavy, so it’ll take some doing to pull it out to check the back.

My folks bought used when they first married, then moved out here to California, so it’s possible they got a deal on a “name-brand” set back then for cheap.

I guess it’ll be a mystery until I can check the back!