Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Movies~ New Blog Coming Soon

Photobucket

I try to watch a new and different movie every day. By “new” I mean, one I have not seen yet.

Many of them are “mid-century” movies. I tend to watch a lot of films made from the early 1940s to mid-1960s, but I’ve seen movies from silent films to brand new produced this year.

Dramas interest me most. Films that make you think, about human nature, interrelationships, coming of age stories, how characters learn, grow and develop throughout the course of a movie, and of course tragic love stories about unrequited love.

I also enjoy set design, the acting, fashions and artistic interpretation of films.

And I’ve been doing this for years. It’s one way I decompress from the usual stresses of life. Nothing else can “take you away” for two hours like an engaging movie can.

I’m no expert, I can’t name every movie Marilyn Monroe or Tom Hanks made, just a person who enjoys movies.

So I think I will start a separate blog all about movies. Will post the link here when I get it going, for those of you who are interested.