Sunday, August 23, 2009

More Majestic Lamps

majestic-lamp-8

majestic-lamp-10


A whole thumbnail gallery of 20 mouth-watering Majestic lamps. Hold on to your pocketbook as you look at these beauties from gomod.com HERE



And not to be discounted, I want to mention similar lamps made by other companies, which I think are about as beautiful, and less $ to pick up for your own mid-century atomic home.

Made by Continental:
continental-lamp

Made by Premco, dated 1957:
premco-lamp

The Premco sold for $60 + $20 shipping, so if you are like me, and don’t have a trust fund lol, there are wonderful lamps you can pick up at reasonable prices.

Ahh, I have “thing” for vintage lamps, so I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

3 comments:

  1. Continental Art Company makes fab lamps! I have a few myself! Gotta love chalk lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any myself, but will do a feature post about more of them. =)

    Mid-century lamps are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Continental Art lamp which, unfortunately had been spay-painted yellow. I am carefully trying to restore it to its original color. I can see it beneath some of the flaking paint. Does anyone know a good technique for removing one layer of paint but not the original finish. I do not want to scrape down to the plaster. Also, is there any information available for finding what my lamp colors were originally, in case it has to be either repainted or touched up? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete