1

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

1950’s Eames Mid-Century Blonde Furniture

Oh… My… Gosh… I want these SO bad!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But they are on the other side of the country, and the seller wants the buyer to pick them up or arrange their own freight shipping.

I checked into it a bit, trying to guess the total size and weight, and I got quotes of $400-$500.

Is that the average?

I have no idea, I never bought anything BIG on eBay.

These would look SO good in my little office here in bedroom #2. Just perfect. Sigh. I guess it’s not meant to be.

I must be spoiled by some of these sellers. Seems like I buy something, and a few days later it arrives on my front porch. They are shipping things out super fast and I appreciate it!

Then there are a few sellers who seem to really drag their feet.

Such is the case with the starburst triple tier tidbit tray. It finally arrived, and I unpacked it, all excited. Then I could not find the little flat metal nut than goes under the bottom tier where the stem screws in.

I looked and looked and when I thought all hope was lost, there it was at the bottom of the box. Whew!

It looks fantastic on my 1950’s green chrome Formica kitchen table just like I thought it would!