Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vintage Starburst Triple-Tiered Tidbit Tray

Got this beauty for a song:
Photobucket


It will go with my crushed ice Formica green table like I saw in this photo:
Photobucket

On another blog they mentioned finding great mid-century furniture and things on craigslist. I checked craigslist and found it was difficult to search all the listings without any preview pictures, and there were no retro or mid-century items at all. Is there some secret to it that I don’t know about?

3 comments:

  1. Oh love that cake stand - what a fab find! So jealous! ;)

    P.S. No idea about craiglist – we only have freecycle and gumtree in the UK – and the only way to find stuff is read pretty much every listing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful? Grabbed it for $10 US on eBay. You can find great deals there.

    I think craigslist is the same. You read the titles and have to click on every single one in order to see the photos.

    My state, California, is very transitory, so you don't find the kind of antiques you see in other places with established families who have lived in the same location for a generation or more.

    Alas, this is why I have to resort to eBay.

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cracked ice table EXACTLY like that one!

    ReplyDelete