Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Welcome


Welcome to my adventures of bringing back a 1950's Ranch style home back to it's original glory.

The property is in fair shape, having been used for over 50 years, but to my credit most of the original interior and fixtures are still here.

What it does need is a lot of TLC, time, effort, money, of which I don't have a lot of, and someone with a passion and a vision.

It is the home I grew up in, and I want to get her back to her old glory.

You won't see any slick designer results and professionally restored appliances, although I would very much like that, but I am going to do the best I can with what I have, and make her beautiful once again.

Thank you for looking, please feel free to add any comments, advice or perspectives if you share the same adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your childhood home, how lucky!

    I'm in the same boat - having lots of ideas and passion, no money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work, work and more work. Sigh.

    Sometimes I just want to move to a nicely preserved 1950's house and leave this one to someone else, but darn, I grew up here, so I feel attached to it.

    Will check your blog for progress on your house too. =)

    ReplyDelete