Thursday, January 15, 2009

Original 1950's Interior Photos

In looking at past images of real 1950's interiors, it clearly shows most "designer" homes did not have huge atomic design clocks or bullet planters with tripod legs nor egg cup chairs.

Going by popularity of items on places like ebay, you'd think homes not only were full of them, but that there is some kind of shortage of them. The prices are outrageous! Fiberglass bullet planters with tripod legs must be featured in every design book on the 1950's, because I cannot understand why they sell for $100+ each.

However, I suppose we all want our 50's interiors to be distinct. I had a plumber over here to do a simple fix or two, and the first thing he said when he walked in was: "Whoa! A blast from the 1960's!"

Uh, no, that would be 1950's I had to correct him. He thought keeping my house in the original late 1950's style was a dumb idea. Needless to say, I will not be using his business any more.