Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Atomic Bomb Dexterity Game

This may not be PC, but it sure is cool. It’s yours for a Buy It Now of $49 on eBay.

Photobucket

This seller has the same characteristic side view preview photos for all their clocks.

Photobucket

I was interested in one of their clocks, so emailed them a nice question. Being polite is a dying art, so I make sure to keep it alive.

They replied with a rude, snippy answer, so I started looking at their auctions, and lo and behold, they have what seems to be an endless supply of “vintage” clocks, all brand new looking, all “converted from key wind to battery”, and multiples of the same, identical clocks.

If you are selling reproduction clocks, be honest about it. And once a seller is rude to me, I don’t care if they are selling Herman Millers for $10, I’ll never do business with them again.

4 comments:

  1. My Mother had a clock similar to that one. She gave it to me when I moved to my first apartment. I threw it away in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clock pictured is from Target. I have the exact same one (battery powered) that I got at Target in Dec of '08.

    I hate scammers. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!

    Yeah, same seller is STILL selling these clocks, as vintage, and somehow people are paying top dollar for them. Can you say "shill"...? lol...

    ReplyDelete